Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Savvy Saturday: Promotion Sucks! With Shiela Stewart

Promotion Sucks!

No one told me being an author would involve so much work. Sheesh, all I wanted to do was tell a tale and have others read it. Boy was I wrong. Writing is the easy part. Promoting it…well that’s pure hell. I kid you not. Its hell! Okay so maybe I’m exaggerating, but not by much. What the hell do I do to promote my book? Well, there are interviews, blog spots, commenting on other blog pots (to get your name out there) put your book cover on other websites. Buy ad space on high traffic sites and so on and so on. Makes your head spin. The inner child in me is screaming, “I don’t wanna do it and you can’t make me. I don’t wanna don’t wanna, no no no!!”

Okay, tantrum done…mostly. It tends to pop up now and then.

So, where was I? Ah yes, promoting. “Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!” Breathe, just breathe.

I’m not a people person. I like to keep to myself, hide in my little authors cave and write about love, ghosts, vampires, murder and mayhem. That’s my world. I live with Vampires, demons, ghosts and crazy people who are willing to do anything for love. The world outside is scary.

In the years since I first published a novel, I’ve done more interviews than I care to remember. So many guest blog spots that it makes my head spin. But the ultimate worst was being interviewed on TV and radio. The book signing wasn’t too bad. Probably helped that my hubby sat with me….or tied me to the chair so I couldn’t run, but I got through the three hours I was under the spotlight. My book was the highest purchased trade paper back novel for three weeks straight. I was so thrilled. Then my second book was released and there I was, having to promote it all over again. Yep, same deal. Did the book signing, smiled though inside I was jelly. The instant it was over I retreated to my cave where my characters welcomed me with open arms. What a relief.

But, despite my hating to promote myself and my books, it is a necessary evil. And I do mean evil. If I’m scaring any would be authors out there…that’s good. You should be scared. Run now while you still can. Okay, okay, I’m joking. It’s not that bad. **cough**

The trick is staying on the ball. Keep up with the trends and never stop trying. Go with the flow. Don’t let it drag you down…into the muddy waters of hell. **cough cough** It is worth it in the long run.

Happy Promoting!! :D

Popular places to promote.

All Romance eBooks. www.allromanceebooks.com If you can get into one of their author co-op spots they provide in the Romantic Time Magazine it is well worth the money you spend.

Coffee Time Romance. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/ Chats and guest spots as well as ads on their website.

Romance Junkies. http://www.romancejunkies.com/ Chats, interviews and ads on their website.

Whipped Cream and Long and Short of it. http://www.longandshortreviews.com/WC/index.htm Guest spots on their blog, interviews, and chats.

Since it’s the holidays I’ve decided to give one lucky commenter the first two books in my Darkness series. Seducing the Darkness and Desiring the Darkness. Please leave you email address to be eligible. You have until next Saturday to potentially win one of these great books!

Merry Christmas!

Shiela’s website: www.shielasbooks.ca

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shiela.stewart

Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/shiela.stewart

Where to find my books:

www.allromanceebooks.com



No comments:

Post a Comment