Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Savvy Saturday: Interview with Brantwijin Serrah and Serenity from The Pact

Hello Brantwijn! Welcome back! I hear you have a new book out, care to tell us a little bit about it?

B: The Pact is a supernatural fantasy western. A little bit Dark Tower, a little Firefly, a little bit Dresden Files. It's about a woman seeking justice for the murder of her mentor, going so far as to make a deal with a demon to do it. It's not a one-time deal, though; it binds her and the demon as partners for the rest of their lives. So it's going to be a long adventure.

And is this lovely lady you brought with you from that book? Care to introduce yourself ma’am?

S: I'm Serenity Walker, the aforementioned demon summoner.

Serenity, what would you say was your favorite part of your most recent adventure?

S: The story looks back on my past now and then, before I met D'aej--that's my demon partner--and while I was still learning magic. My favorite part, I guess, is my final night with my second teacher, Rook, when he initiates me into the order of most ambitious magic practitioners and knowledge-seekers, the Sons of D'Shaye. That was right before I made my demon pact.

In turn, what was the worst?


S: Hard to tell you that without giving to much away. Safe to say, though, I didn't appreciate the author throwing a giant scorpion at me about halfway through the book.

If you had to ask Brantwijn for just one thing, what would it be and why?

S: It would be just fantastic if maybe she could give me one horse, just one, who doesn't get eaten by a monster.

Now it’s Brantwijn’s turn: what would you ask of Serenity and why?
B: Keep a better watch out for monsters, genius.

Alright guys, it was nice talking to you. We hope to see more of your adventures soon Serenity!

S: Oh, you will. She doesn't let me get a lot of R&R.

B: Whiner. What she means is, we've still got seven books to go.

When she isn't visiting the worlds of immortals, demons, dragons and goblins, Brantwijn fills her time with artistic endeavors: sketching, painting, customizing My Little Ponies and sewing plushies for friends. She can't handle coffee unless there's enough cream and sugar to make it a milkshake, but try and sweeten her tea and she will never forgive you. She moonlights as a futon for four lazy cats, loves tabletop role-play games, and can spend hours watching Futurama, Claymore or Buffy the Vampire Slayer while she writes or draws.

Brantwijn's books can be found on Amazon, at the Champagne Bookstore, Kobo, and at Barnes & Noble. You can also visit her on her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment