Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Excerpt from Charming the Darkness

Charming The Darkness
Darkness Book 4
By Shiela Stewart
Paranormal Romance
$3.99
Amazon: https://goo.gl/yfxVBK
Kobo: https://goo.gl/ViCdW2
Champagne Books: http://goo.gl/0oun2x

A vampire with attitude. A witch on a mission. All bets are off in the battle against the darkness until hearts get in the way.

Excerpt

She bolted up and Danny had a moment to think damn before his body locked up. It was the best way to describe why he had no ability to move any of his limbs. “What the hell?” As hard as he tried to move he just couldn’t.

“You’re a vampire?” She backed away from him, her brown eyes wide as she glared at him.

“Well…yeah. What the hell is wrong with me? Why can’t I move?” It was like his brain had lost communication with the rest of his body, yet he could feel everything. Weird.

“I froze you. You were going to bite me.”

“Once again, yeah. Vampire here and what do you mean you froze me?” He was straining so hard to move that if he wasn't careful he was going to drop a load in his pants.

“I’m a witch.”

“A what?”

“A witch.”

At least he could use his face and, frowning at her, said, “You’re a witch?”

She folded her arms over her chest and cocked her hip to the side. He corrected his earlier thought. She wasn't just hot. She was damn hot! “Yeah, what’s wrong with being a witch?”

“Nothing wrong with it. You just don’t look like a witch.”

“Why, because I don’t have a green face and a pointy nose?” She rolled her eyes.

“No, because…well, you’re hot.” There was no denying it, the woman had curves in all the right places and that tight black v-neck t-shirt she wore teased of ample breasts. Never mind the blue jean that looked painted on. “Only children think witches look like that. I’m not that stupid.”

She planted her fists on her hips and gave him an indignant look. “I don’t like your attitude.”

“No problem. Unfreeze me or whatever you need to do to give me back the power of my body and I can be on my merry way. Killer, hurry your ass in there already!” Where was that cat anyway?

“Killer? There are more of you in here?” She spun around, facing towards the entryway to the kitchen.

Oh, this was too perfect. “Oh yeah, there’s a whole bunch of us here and we are all going to take turns sucking the life right out of you.”

She narrowed her eyes as she turned to face him. Maybe he should have used less sarcasm. “I don’t believe you.”

“Suit yourself. Come on out, guys!” This was too much fun. Her face went white as snow.

Then Killer walked in, meowed, and wound his body around Danny’s legs. How was he supposed to pretend to be mean when the cat was cuddling up to him?

“There’s no one else here, is there?”

“Sure there are.” He was losing her rapidly.

“I don’t think so.” Daringly, she inched towards the doorway, peering around the corner.

Danny just couldn’t resist. “Get her!”

She jumped, spun around in some sort of karate kick, her fists raised and ready.

It was the hottest thing he’d ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment