Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

Excerpt from Angels of the Night: Deception

Deception
Angels Of The Night, 3
By Paula Kennedy
YA Paranormal Romance
$4.99
Amazon
Kobo
Champagne Books

Some angels deserve to die.

EXCERPT

I plunged forward, my pace slowing, until the bridge came into view. There was no one in sight but that didn’t mean Jonas wasn’t waiting in a shadowed place. Shuddering, I slowed and was walking again. The heat of day dissipated in the foliage of the trees and birds twittered from hiding places in the thick greenery.

There was a rustling from the bushes and Thomas appeared so suddenly I nearly fell backwards. I was shocked by his appearance. “What happened to you?” I asked, stunned to see his shirt hanging in tatters, his hair a ruffled mess. “Y-your lip. It’s bleeding.”

“Get out of here—” Thomas huffed and lunged at me. He shoved a piece of paper into my hand and I clutched it. “Go! Now!”

My brain was numb. “What? Why?”

Thomas growled low in his throat and with a roar transformed instantly into his vampire form. “Go!” he commanded and this time my feet were freed from cement, the paper falling from my fist. I stumbled backwards and then turned and started running back the way I’d come. White terror coursed through my body as I willed myself toward the line of sunlight just steps away on the trail.

Something hard hit me forcefully across the chest and I hurtled backwards, the air knocked out of my already burning lungs. Writhing on the cool asphalt I was struggling to regain my breath when a pair of black boots appeared beside my head.

“Allison,” the man’s voice cooed. “You have no idea how long I have looked forward to this moment.”

The vice around my chest released and I finally drew a gasping breath. Crawling onto my knees, I sucked in a lung full of air and looked up to see who had spoken. “Jonas,” I gasped. “What are you doing?”

He squatted beside me and I drew away when he ran a finger down my cheek. “Something I should have done a long time ago.”

The world went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment