Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Top 10 Countdown, #9 Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

#9 Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

There are many sites that have great articles regarding various methods of promotion. Hopefully some of them will spark your imagination and give you some ideas that you may not have previously thought about. You may use one of their ideas and spring board it into another or your could possibly spin it in a totally different direction. Remember if you don't like it, then do what David Bowie said and make Changes! The whole point is to get out there and research. If you've found this article then you are taking a step in the right direction. Now, bear in mind that I don't promote or work for any of these promotion websites, but I do read their articles from time to time. I find some of their facts, ideas and marketing ploys interesting but some of the information has absolutely no bearing on what I'm working on at the moment.

  • http://www.1stturningpoint.com, What I love most about this site is that email reminders when they have posted new articles. I swear some days I would forget my name if I didn't have my driver's license to refer to. Now where did I put that wallet? So, that alone makes this site worth it for me, but wait...there's more! These articles are written by authors such as Rowena Cherry and Amber Scott and include great topics such as Email Promotion and Marketing. This is a wealth of knowledge handed to you on a silver platter, what more could you ask for? Oh, I know I could ask for chocolate, a million dollars, a three book contract and a cabana boy!
  • http://www.epicauthors.com/, This is a great networking site. Though it is important thatyou know that you will need to join EPIC to reap most of the benefits that they offer, but you can access their blog and various articles from the main page. It's definitely worth your time and effort for to take a look around. Make sure if you decide that you are going to try joining EPIC that you check out their membership criteria. There are two levels of membership and you may qualify for one or both of them.

  • http://pumpupyouronlinebookpromotion.blogspot.com/, From what I've seen there are some decent tidbits here. And the fact that I am a bookaholic and they have contests also has absolutely no bearing at all in my choice to put them in this article. Honestly it was totally random.

  • http://www.bauuinstitute.com/Marketing/IndieMarketingBooksWriting.html, I've already found one of my pet peeves brought out into the forefront here and they said I was RIGHT! Isn't nice when you can find someone else who can validate you when you think know you are right? They have great, to the point, information that is very quick and easy to access. For finding out more about my pet peeve you need to see me in a couple of weeks when I say Gather All Your Friends Around.

  • http://writersdigest.com/article/101-websites-2009-general, Now you need to remember something here, just because I or some other guy on the net says that this site or the next is the best, guess what? It might not be the best for you. Only you can determine if a site has any relevance to you at all. We all think that we are giving out the best and most relevant information to our friends and colleagues, but just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you. So make sure that when you are reading up on things that you take the "latest and greatest" (even when coming from me) with a grain of salt or twelve.

  • http://www.amazines.com/Publishing/article_category.cfm?catid=37, Another site that has countless topics that helps me feed my reading ADD. I can read about nearly endless topics and get new ideas almost daily. Unfortunately, as with most of of the places I love to visit, I don't have time to go there every day and most of the time not even every other day. But it's great to know that when I need or want them, I can look at their left side bar and pull up my topics and off to my knowledge bank they go!

Search the web for sites that you are going to like. Just because these references do something for me, doesn't mean that they are going to do something for you. So, search out different promotional resources. Follow their advice, or don't. Use their ideas or change them. Jump into the water with both feet, the water's just fine!

And if you haven't realized it yet I like to talk and, I Wanna to Talk About Me! And if you don't believe me, come back next week to see what I have to say on the topic!

If you missed last week stop by here #10. Get your name out!

4 comments:

  1. This is excellent information by someone who knows exactly of whence she speaks!

    Ed Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! I'm going to have to come back and bookmark some of these sites myself when I get a free moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resources. We going to have to check them out, and see what can be gleaned from them. As always, you have given us a gift that might establish new opportunities, as well of the delight of your prose. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed - Thank you so much for your wonderful compliment. I like to think I know what I am doing, or like to think that I sound like I know what I am doing!

    Aston - Yes, bookmark these sites when you have a chance. I also posted this article on www.ebookguru.org and Rowena Cherry left some other great links that you may find interesting.

    Angelica and Zi - Thanks again for a wonderful comment. I can always count on you guys for being right here to cheer me on!

    AJ

    ReplyDelete