Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

An interview with Nancy Henderson

Tami: Welcome Nancy we're glad to have you as the first interview of the Champagne blog.

Nancy: Hi, Tami. Thanks so much for interviewing me. It's a pleasure to be here.


Tami: OK, I have a confession to make to you, I have a HUGE crush on Cole from Wicked Redemption. Can you tell me a little bit more about why you decided to create this hunka hunka....I mean this wonderful character? Oh, and you can tell us about that chick he's in love with too, Maggie I think it is.

Nancy:
Well, I wanted to write a hero who was a serious over the top Alpha male. So naturally, he had to be bad to the bone. What's worse than a demon? LOL Maggie Webb is Cole's total opposite. She's organized, wary, and has a slight problem: She can see dead people. And the demon who's determined to finish her off.
For a complete listing and excerpt, please visit my website: http://www.nancyhenderson.com

Tami: He is definitely totally Alpha! It's a great that that opposites attract. I hear that you have a new book coming out in August. What can you tell me? Am I going to fall in love again?


Nancy: I sure hope so! Stranger In His Bed is a historical romance.

Here's a blurb:

A spy for the British, Cat Sterling is used to living dangerously. Despite having a bounty on her head, she never expects to be shot in the line of duty and left for dead.


Angus French had enough problems without finding a near-dead woman on his property. A Revolution was coming, and British sympathizers have just burned down his tavern. The last thing he needs is to be caught housing a woman who’s working for them.


The price on Cat’s head will more than pay for the damage done to his business. He never expects Cat to see him as security and kindness, two things she’s never had in life. And he never expects to learn that Cat has a few secrets of her own which threaten to rip them apart.

Tami: Wow, that sounds great, I can't wait to read it. **scribbles furiously on my calendar for August** When you are not surrounded with things such as books, bookstores, book signings, and book conventions what are you doing with yourself? (Whew, that all makes me tired just thinking about it!)

Nancy:
Well, I've been gardening. I have a serious vegetable garden started. I've already lost two tomato plants (not sure why) and I have a hungry woodchuck checking out the lettuce, so I'm not sure how successful I'll be, LOL, but it's a lot of fun! I also spend way too much time watching TV, especially cheesy reality shows!

Tami: I can sympathize with you on the garden. I have 15 tomato plants and I can almost guarantee that most of them will die. It will likely be from frost or that dag nabbed mole that lives to make me miserable. Now, back to the questions, most every author loves to read, so when you are not running errands during lunch break and climbing under cars (for more on that visit her blog) what do you like to read? What genre can you not live without?

Nancy:
I love reading everything from Stephen King to Marjorie M. Liu. My favorite genres are historical and paranormal romance. I also read a lot of sci fi, but I couldn't imagine ever writing it.

Tami: Now that I have tortured you with all those wonderful questions I want to thank you so much for visiting with us and giving us a little insight into who you are as a writer and as a person, it's been GREAT!

Nancy:
Thanks, Tami!

Tami: Any time Nancy! And don't forget guys
Nancy loves to hear from readers. Visit her at her website: http://www.nancyhenderson.com Her blog: http://www.nancyhenderson.blogspot.com or Twitter http://www.twitter.com/nancyhenderson

See you guys back here next week for an interview with Angelica Hart and Zi.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, we certainly enjoyed this interview. Both books appeared to be incredibly captivating, however, that bad boy thing is always a gotcha... and what a great play by taking it to nth by making the hero the devil! Great!

    ReplyDelete