Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Excerpt - Without Regret My Love by Melissa Blue

For a long moment Craig just stared at her with a questioning gaze, finally he said, "Are you ready to get out of here?"

"Yes. I feel as though my arms are going to fall off, they're so sore from all the scrubbing I've done this week." Gesturing to the window, she said, "When did it get dark out? I didn't even notice."

"About forty-five minutes ago," Craig replied. "Which gives me an idea, my dear, how do you feel about star gazing?"

My dear?

How many times had she heard those two little words spoken? She'd never thought of herself as a `my dear' as any man's dear for that matter, but coming from his lips…

Without waiting for an answer, he grabbed her hand and pulled her through the front door of the hospital. As she stepped into the starry night, the toe of her shoe caught the bottom step and she cried out, twisting precariously off balance. Instantly, Craig turned, wrapping strong arms about her waist and half lifted her against him. Marissa swallowed hard as she landed mere inches from his smiling visage. Her arms settled about his neck, and the length of her body crushed against his deliciously hardened frame.

"Well, aren't you accident prone?" Craig teased, tilting his head slightly.

"I've always been a little clumsy," she murmured a little too breathlessly.

"Not that I'm complaining. I'll take whatever excuse I can get to hold you this way." He half turned, lifting her off the last step and setting her feet gently to the ground without releasing her.

Heart thundering in her chest so hard she was fairly certain he could feel it resonating through her body and into his, she said, "I wonder how your Miss Jamison would feel about your holding me this way."



~Melissa Blue~
Coming June, 2009: Without Regret My Love
www.champagnebooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment